Thursday, December 13, 2012

WC Entry: Christiansburg, VA

I'm happy (or embarrassed), to announce that the following entries are houses from my neighborhood.  I even considered entering a picture of my house, but thought it would be an unfair advantage seeing how I actually know the rules and regs of the Woodbine Challenge.  Perhaps having a WC on our own houses is an idea for the future.  Anyhow, my first entry is one on which I can gaze upon at my leisure through the front windows each evening.  Having a facade almost entirely devoid of lights is the perfect way to highlight the fact that you have only one electric figure in your windows.  I do need to give this neighbor credit for creating a little balance with the sprinkling of lights on the front bush.
Lonesome Angel
After I took this first picture and turned to go back home a glowing halo of blue caught my eye, and I was delighted to find my second entry.  This house sports none other (and nothing else), but a neon blue lighted wreath hanging on it's front door.  I have to be honest and say that I almost didn't notice this gem because it's neighboring house is smothered with lights.  Upon further inspection, the decorating of this house is quite ingenious.... the white minivan parked in front of their house does a nice job of reflecting their neighbor's lights!  There's no need for any more lights than a lovely blue wreath.  Let the neighbors pay the electric bill!!
Blue Ingenuity
These may very well be the only entries from my neighborhood seeing how I have a rather hyper-vigilant neighborhood watch.  I suppose running from house to house to keep warm, snapping quick pictures, and then running home might look a little suspicious (but it was fun)!


5 comments:

Candace said...

Yes, let the neighbors pay the electric bill!!! :)

That angel upstairs is...well, I've never seen anything like that before.

Sarah G said...

I love the captions on these, especially "Blue Ingenuity"!

Maybe the figure in the window is a new thing this year... When I was driving home from my reconnaissance mission the other night I saw a light-up elf in the front window of a house. I wanted to stop but it was on a busy road and there was no way to pull over.

DEG said...

Nice! I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt awkward running around taking pictures of people's houses at night.

DEG said...

Nice! I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt awkward running around taking pictures of people's houses at night.

Jef said...

Here's awkward... we went to take a picture of the manger helipad the other night and there were people outside. of course one of the people outside was the owner of the house. oops. BUT she came over and asked how many people were in the van and gave us each a bag of christmas candy!